Soft, brown, repulsive ones,
And not the first, either,
Staring at me with expectant reproach
From their time-honored spot on the counter.
What? No lessons
learned here,
After years of household management practicum?
New plan (or, at least, experimental vow):
I’ll never buy more than four again, maybe even three.
I’ll look both ways and split up the Brady Banana
Bunch
Right there in Ingles,
Giving not a moment for teary banana family goodbyes,
Throwing nobility to the wind and taking the best ones for
me.
Hey – If, then, we run out of them,
I’d rather be
Hungry for bananas,
Starving for bananas,
Desperate for bananas,
CRAZY for bananas
Than to ever waste another.


Freeze them for smoothies!
ReplyDeleteI tried that, but they ended up pretty dark and yucky in the freezer. So do you put Fruit Fresh or lemon juice on them before freezing? I've gotta say, this consistently makes me feel so wasteful.
ReplyDelete